Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Testing an adolescent-centered model of contraceptive care to reduce teen pregnancy
The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia’s (CHOP) innovative program makes teen pregnancy prevention an integral part of pediatric primary and specialty care. This program integrates several complementary strategies known to improve contraceptive uptake and adherence into a single care model delivered in a pediatric hospital system. During year 2 of their iTP3 project, CHOP will complete development of three proposed programs within their care model: (1) an initial reproductive health visit (IRHV) for adolescents aged 12 to 19 years, (2) a youth and parent peer contraceptive advisor program, and (3) a health coaching program to support contraceptive adherence.
- Aletha Akers, MD, MPH, FACOG, Principal Director
- Alix Timko, PhD, Clinical Psychologist
- Jennifer Harding, MPA, Research Director
- Alanna Butler, MPH, Research Coordinator
- Neffie Richardson, MPH, Research Assistant