- Regina Firpo-Triplett, Project Director/PI
- Yethzell Diaz, Project Coordinator
- Bonita Stanton, MD, Consultant/Expert Advisor
- Erica Marsh, Logistics Specialist
- Liz Pico, Bilingual Copyeditor
Through the blending of a locally developed intervention that brings together Latino youth and their parents/guardians, the Rural ImPACT team plans to increase parent-child communication regarding sexual health. This program will allow parents/guardians to practice discussing sexual health topics and concerns with their youth in a positive manner. By encouraging and facilitating this discussion, the Rural ImPACT team aims to reduce unplanned and teen pregnancies among Latino youth in rural communities.
Rural ImPACT will reduce teen pregnancy and health disparities through a locally developed, culturally and regionally appropriate youth curriculum with a component to engage parents in the youth’s sexuality education through meaningful and trust-building ways.